I graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 2008 with a Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW). Since then, I've worked in various mental health settings including elementary schools, high schools, community mental health and on an inpatient psychiatric unit for children aged 4-17.
I hold independent clinical social work licensure in New Hampshire (#1829) and Massachusetts (#116494).
Things I believe to be true:
1. We are all doing the best we can AND we can do better
2. You possess inherent self-worth, simply by existing
3. You have strength and power
4. You are capable of change and resilience
5. You are worthy of love, understanding, and acceptance
Though my approach will vary based on individual needs, I utilize techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) as well as a broad range of therapeutic frameworks.
Treatment goals include exploring patterns of thought, behavior, and emotion, learning new coping skills, developing adaptive skills for success and improving communication.